Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Unit 7 Activity 1

"Make a personal list of the categories you belong to or have conflict with and visual symbols that are associated with each. Aspirations and expectations should also be listed."

Age/ Generation - A teenager in this new generation of technology, which is rapidly changing and developing. I feel a lot of pressure now, preparing to become an adult and going to college. Suddenly all of these things are being thrown at my face that were just never emphasized all too much until now.

Gender - Male - a lot of times I almost feel looked down upon being there are many stereotypes of a "man" I just don't fit. I enjoy art and music, I'm not big on sports or fighting.

Race - White - I don't really feel any expectations or certain aspirations I'm supposed to conform to or try to have.

Religion - None (Atheist) - This affects how my family views me more than my peers. My mother's side is fairly Catholic and many would just see me different if they knew I didn't believe in a higher power. My mother just blows it off, she'll sometimes show her concerns, but most of the time it's out of her mind. My father has always accepted my views, and is one of the main reasons I have this view. He  is not an Atheist, but has open views of religion and has always welcomed new opinions.

Class/ Caste - Middle Class - Sometimes I feel like I'll end up being stuck into this class. I don't worry over it, but I'd like to achieve dreams above it. The older I get the harder these dreams seem to get.

Personality - Quiet and introverted, deep thinking on subjects. This one definitely harms me; I have trouble breaking out of my shell, and often end up by myself. It's just really hard to be open and converse with people I don't know. I've been told that it sometimes comes across as snobbish and that I don't want to associate with people; it's just really conflicting to speak up and express myself with strangers

Intelligence - Fairly smart. I could probably have more opportunities if I tried for them. I guess I don't utilize my intelligence

Political Persuasion - Leaning towards a democratic view. Belief in equal rights and a fair amount of government involvement for those in need.

No comments:

Post a Comment